Brand : ISCAR
New ROUNDMILL Milling Cutters That Mount Double-Sided Round Inserts with 12 Cutting Edges for Profiling Applications
The new cutters have the following design configuration:
- Shell mills RDS FR D...-12 in diameters 40, 50, 63, and 80 mm.
- Exchangeable milling heads with a FLEXFIT threaded connection
RDS ER D...-12 in a 32 mm diameter.
The new cutters mount double-sided round inserts and feature reliable insert
clamping and fail-proof insert indexing due to an innovative pocket design
and a special peripheral design of the insert. Depending on the depth of cut,
the RDS FR/ER...-12 enables up to 6 insert indexes on each insert side
(up to 12 insert indexes total).
- Positive rake angle for smooth and light cutting action, reduced cutting forces and power consumption.
- Extremely rigid insert clamping.
- Ramping down capabilities.
- Coolant holes directed to each individual cutting edge with coolant supply through the cutter body.
- Protective coating of the cutter body for better chip flow and protection from corrosion and wear.
- A double-sided insert design with a durable structure that ensures reversibility.
- A special peripheral insert design facilitates up to 12 insert indexes and contributes to a secured clamping of the insert.
- When indexing, there is no need to remove the insert clamping screw.
- Produced with the latest coated carbide grades with a post-coating treatment for improved tool life and higher productivity.
- Available with two types of cutting geometries (T/HP) for optimal machining of different materials.